Creamy Garlic Mushrooms and Bacon Recipe
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 26 ounces mushrooms, washed (pat dry with paper towel)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded or grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded or grated parmesan cheese
Fry bacon in skillet over medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
In the same pan, melt butter.
Add mushrooms. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
Pour in broth, stir occasionally for two minutes.
Add garlic, stir through for a minute.
Pour in cream and herbs. Reduce heat to low. Gently simmer until tender (about 4-5 minutes) and sauce is slightly thickened.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add bacon. Mix well.
Stir in parmesan cheese.
Top with mozzarella cheese.
Cook until cheese is melted.