Shredded Beef Chimichangas
- Cooking oil
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 can refried beans, heated
- 2 cups spanish rice, cooked (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
For the shredded beef:
- 2-3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Queso Fresco
- Sour Cream
- Enchilada Sauce
- Lemon or Lime
- Place the roast in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the beef broth, salt, black pepper, ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes. Pour over the roast.
- Cover crockpot with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the roast with 2 forks.
For the Chimichangas:
- Fill the center of each tortilla with refried beans, shredded beef and whatever filling you’d like. Spanish rice, cheese and salsa are a few ideas. Fold the ends of the tortilla over the filling and then fold over the sides.
- Place chimichangas seam down in a frying pan with heated cooking oil. Fry on each side until golden brown. Remove from oil.
- Optional: Top with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, Queso Fresco, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, or enchilada sauce.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn commission from qualifying purchases made through links on this website.